PDA

View Full Version : Compatible data card with ML

rupam.db
Aug 10, 2012, 12:34 AM
I don't have a high speed internet connection (which Apple assumes to be with every Mac user) and I wanted to upgrade to ML. So finally I decided to buy a data card and then download ML. But before I do so I want to know if data card drivers can have any compatibility issue..eg it may work on Lion but may or may not on ML.

Also if anybody wants to suggest specific data card model please make so.

Thanks in advance:o

Weaselboy
Aug 10, 2012, 11:46 AM
Are you talking about an SD card? Any SD card that works with Lion will work with ML.

ml.sail1
Aug 10, 2012, 12:06 PM
Are you talking about an SD card? Any SD card that works with Lion will work with ML.

I believe he may be referring to a Dial-Up card, in which case I do not know of any, but maybe this will clarify for anyone who uses one/can recommend one.

Weaselboy
Aug 10, 2012, 12:11 PM
I believe he may be referring to a Dial-Up card, in which case I do not know of any, but maybe this will clarify for anyone who uses one/can recommend one.

You are correct. My reading comprehension sucks today. :o

ml.sail1
Aug 10, 2012, 12:31 PM
You are correct. My reading comprehension sucks today. :o

Haha np :P happens to all of us.

Aug 10, 2012, 12:38 PM

And what the heck is a dial-up card?

mannyo1221
Aug 10, 2012, 12:52 PM
I think the poster is referring to a 3G dongle, I have used several on my mac under Lion with no problem since they tend to come the required OSX software.

ml.sail1
Aug 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
I think the poster is referring to a 3G dongle, I have used several on my mac under Lion with no problem since they tend to come the required OSX software.

Now that makes even more sense. :rolleyes:

As for what a dial up card is, it is basically a PCI expansion card that hooks up to your phone jack for "Dial-Up" internet connection, a very, very slow internet connection.

Aug 12, 2012, 04:13 PM
Now that makes even more sense. :rolleyes:

As for what a dial up card is, it is basically a PCI expansion card that hooks up to your phone jack for "Dial-Up" internet connection, a very, very slow internet connection.

Well, there was an Apple USB Modem for that...