Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Since upgrading to ML and Safari 6 I've been experiencing this annoying problem. In Safari rather than clicking the Forward and Back buttons I exclusively use the two finger swipe gesture on my MacBook Air trackpad. Along with the page navigation, Safari also does that cool animation where one page is swiped away revealing the next/previous page beneath it.

But in ML after that happens, the original page flashes back an screen quickly, before finally again displaying the other page.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? It doesn't seem to happen with the buttons just the trackpad gesture.

sshhoott

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
Since upgrading to ML and Safari 6 I've been experiencing this annoying problem. In Safari rather than clicking the Forward and Back buttons I exclusively use the two finger swipe gesture on my MacBook Air trackpad. Along with the page navigation, Safari also does that cool animation where one page is swiped away revealing the next/previous page beneath it.

But in ML after that happens, the original page flashes back an screen quickly, before finally again displaying the other page.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? It doesn't seem to happen with the buttons just the trackpad gesture.

Try to reset Safari (Safari > Reset Safari). And then also repair permissions.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Done. It worked! Fingers crossed it stays this way. Thanks heaps for the suggestion!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.