Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I haven't used iOS 6, but haven't seen this discussed.

I think it would be EXTREMELY useful to be able to put several pins for different locations on a map at once.

For example, if I wanted to see where 3 different locations are in relation to distance from each other, I could put 3 different pins on the map (1 for a bar, another for a restaurant and another for a friend's house.)

I know if you type in "McDonalds" multiple pins show up for different McDonalds restaurants, but I would want different locations.

I'm guessing it can't be done though.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009

I think it would be EXTREMELY useful to be able to put several pins for different locations on a map at once.

For example, if I wanted to see where 3 different locations are in relation to distance from each other, I could put 3 different pins on the map (1 for a bar, another for a restaurant and another for a friend's house.)

I know if you type in "McDonalds" multiple pins show up for different McDonalds restaurants, but I would want different locations.

It would be a nice feature to have, unfortunately you can only have two at one time. A searched location and a dropped pin.

pk7

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011

There is an app in the App Store called "Distance Measure" (by RBetjes) that might do exactly what you're looking for.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010

You need this,

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/maps+/id416753449?mt=8

And Apple needs to implement that into the Maps.app.

Djs621

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
You can search for locations "on route" but you can't plot multiple POI's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.