Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnmiah

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Is anyone having good battery life on their ios device?

Last edited:

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
I like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 178

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I'm actually getting better battery on iOS 6 b4 than iOS 5.1.1. On beta 1 and 2 I restored from a backup and had HORRIBLE battery... I set up as new for beta 3 and I have had GREAT battery ever since!

jnmiah

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
I used it lightly this time. Battery life is great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 165

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012
Somehow I doubt this. Who's to say you didn't let it go to 100 before unplugging it so the time didn't reset? I've never seen an iPhone or iPod touch get over 6 or 7 hours.

Because you'll then get a message saying the iPhone has been plugged in since the last full charge?

An update on mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 143

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
Somehow I doubt this. Who's to say you didn't let it go to 100 before unplugging it so the time didn't reset? I've never seen an iPhone or iPod touch get over 6 or 7 hours.

It's obtainable if you are stingy about what you do on you're phone (like I used to be). You can turn off 3G, WiFi, Blu, decrease screen brightness, etc...It's easier to get that kind of battery life with a jailbroken phone. I used to go ~4-5 days between charging periods, but now I just use my phone how it should be used.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
It's obtainable if you are stingy about what you do on you're phone (like I used to be). You can turn off 3G, WiFi, Blu, decrease screen brightness, etc...It's easier to get that kind of battery life with a jailbroken phone. I used to go ~4-5 days between charging periods, but now I just use my phone how it should be used.

Just use your phone and plug it in when it gets low. I can't stand people who turn off the services to which the device exists for, just to squeeze an extra hour off the charger. So stupid.

Just use the damn phone. It lasts long enough. When it needs it, plug it. It couldn't be easier to get a quick charge when needed.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Just use your phone and plug it in when it gets low. I can't stand people who turn off the services to which the device exists for, just to squeeze an extra hour off the charger. So stupid.

Just use the damn phone. It lasts long enough. When it needs it, plug it. It couldn't be easier to get a quick charge when needed.

and what if you don't have access to a charger?
How about you go tell apple to stop making phones that have inferior battery life compared to the previous generation. :rolleyes:

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012

Of all the stupid comments I've ever read...I think yours has just taken the top spot.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Of all the stupid comments I've ever read...I think yours has just taken the top spot.

There is nothing dumber than complaints over battery life. I've never met a real person with an iPhone that has a problem with battery life. It's limited to whiny geeks in the blogosphere. The iPhones battery life is more than satisfactory, as it doesn't disrupt my life or work in any way.

I JUST USE THE DAMN PHONE AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

But, yea it's far more normal to whine about 4 hours of use vs 6 hours vs 8 hours vs. bla bla bla.

Who cares. Just use your damn phone and get over it.

----------

How about you go tell apple to stop making phones that have inferior battery life compared to the previous generation. :rolleyes:

In what realistic scenario do you have no access to power for longer than the iPhone lasts? This is a tired old joke of a comment, that's nothing but troll food.

How about you tell Apple to stop making performance improvements, so that u can use your old features and old phone for the same amount of time you've always used it down to the minute.

It's really hilarious how inapplicable all of these complaints are in real life, in. The real world.

jnmiah

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012

i let it go to 100 and it said to unplug it so i did and that was the time.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK

Indeed! Battery has never bothered me. Wherever i am (except in an airplane) i can charge my phone. Even in trains and airports.
----------

Well, what if your car runs out of fuel while driving?
Who would you blame? I guess car makers for not making the fuel tanks bigger.....

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
There is nothing dumber than complaints over battery life. I've never met a real person with an iPhone that has a problem with battery life. It's limited to whiny geeks in the blogosphere. The iPhones battery life is more than satisfactory, as it doesn't disrupt my life or work in any way.

I JUST USE THE DAMN PHONE AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

But, yea it's far more normal to whine about 4 hours of use vs 6 hours vs 8 hours vs. bla bla bla.

Who cares. Just use your damn phone and get over it.

----------

In what realistic scenario do you have no access to power for longer than the iPhone lasts? This is a tired old joke of a comment, that's nothing but troll food.

How about you tell Apple to stop making performance improvements, so that u can use your old features and old phone for the same amount of time you've always used it down to the minute.

It's really hilarious how inapplicable all of these complaints are in real life, in. The real world.

"In what realistic scenario do you have no access to power for longer than the iPhone lasts?"
the answer is : never
the reason? people will tweak the phone so that the battery lasts for the duration they need it for, but if I end up having to turn off the majority of the phone's features (which were the reasons that i bought the phone in the first place), then there's a problem.

There are people who needs to work outdoors and yes they simply don't have access to a charger in that 8-10 hours they work.

There's nothing inapplicable about this complaint; simply stop obsessing over making the phone 2-3mm thinner and the battery life will improve drastically.

I love apple products, but sometimes the fanboyism in apple's ecosystem is beyond ridiculous.

----------

Indeed! Battery has never bothered me. Wherever i am (except in an airplane) i can charge my phone. Even in trains and airports.
----------

Well, what if your car runs out of fuel while driving?
Who would you blame? I guess car makers for not making the fuel tanks bigger.....
Poor analogy is poor.
Do I need to turn off my head lights to be able to drive my car longer without refilling the fuel tank?

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
There's nothing inapplicable about this complaint; simply stop obsessing over making the phone 2-3mm thinner and the battery life will improve drastically.

Simply and totally incorrect, but you're not an engineer so what more should I expect.

And yes its completely inapplicable. I love the "people who are in the middle of the woods for 8 to 10 hours a day, everyday" mantra. That's totally realistic and I'm sure a huge motivator in Cupertino.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Simply and totally incorrect, but you're not an engineer so what more should I expect.

And yes its completely inapplicable. I love the "people who are in the middle of the woods for 8 to 10 hours a day, everyday" mantra. That's totally realistic and I'm sure a huge motivator in Cupertino.

Let's start making assumptions about whether I'm an engineer or not :rolleyes:

So I guess asking for a phone that can last at least 8 hours is an unreasonable request.

Seems like you have no problem with apple advertising the phone's battery life as 8-9 hours when in reality, it's at least 2 hours less than that.

You can keep living in that reality distortion field; btw, school is starting soon, did you get your middle-school supplies yet? ;)

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Poor analogy is poor.
Do I need to turn off my head lights to be able to drive my car longer without refilling the fuel tank?

On the planet where i come from, fuel is used to make the vehicle move and head lights get the energy either from the battery or dinamo. So how on earth would you save a fuel by swiching OFF your head lights??? Talk about poor analogy, lol.

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
On the planet where i come from, fuel is used to make the vehicle move and head lights get the energy either from the battery or dinamo. So how on earth would you save a fuel by swiching OFF your head lights??? Talk about poor analogy, lol.

Actually the more electrics you have running the engine needs to run harder to cope with the drain so therefore you do use more fuel compared to running no electric like heaters and lights etc.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Actually the more electrics you have running the engine needs to run harder to cope with the drain so therefore you do use more fuel compared to running no electric like heaters and lights etc.

It's minimal and all that (except heaters) can simply be run by just the battery. Car heaters on the other hand do get the heat from the already existing heat of the engine that is runing for the purpose of driving. So there you have it.

Zunjine

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
Poor analogy is poor.

Actually it's not so poor an analogy. You may well have bought your car because it can do 0-60 in 7 seconds and can hit 200mph but if you drive it that way you'll drain the fuel tank double quick. So, in order to get to where you need to go without running out of gas, you may have to drive conservatively, keeping your top speed down, avoiding having to accelerate and break too often and too hard and pulling away slowly from the lights rather than gunning it. You will, effectively, be "switching off" the high end features in order to preserve fuel. That's not much different from turning off location services and 3G data to keep your smartphone running longer.

Also, the radio and air conditioning use power which is generated by burning fuel. You may switch those off too. Same goes for power steering and any other electronic onboard gadgets.

Yep - it's a good analogy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.