PDA

View Full Version : Any way to add apps to Guest account?

sup3r1or
Aug 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
Hi guys,

I have an administrator account and a guest account for my mom in law or wife to use if I'am not home. The problem is I need to install Chrome and Firefox for them but on Guest acc everything is deleted after logout. I know on Windows it is possible to pre-install as an admin the apps that you want guests to use, is there such possibility on Mountain Lion and if yes how do I go about it and do it?

Thx

JacaByte
Aug 11, 2012, 12:30 AM
My first knee-jerk idea was a login script, but it doesn't look as if the guest user can have login scripts. Hmm. I'm at a loss here, but would love to know if somebody finds a solution.

Edit: I just did a quick test and apparently all the applications I installed to my administrator account can be used in the guest account, no admin passwords or installations required. I tested Chrome and Microsoft Word and I imagine all my other applications would have worked as well. I opened these applications via Launchpad, but they probably are available in the applications folder as well. Are you sure this isn't the case on your machine?

calderone
Aug 11, 2012, 12:34 AM
Modify the default user template.