PDA

View Full Version : Need help on where to buy

Brittanydavie
Aug 11, 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm looking to purchase a MacBook Air and have been doing a lot of research on where to get the best deal. My ideal model would be the 13in 256GB with 8GB of memory. I'm in the graphic design field (this wouldn't be my main working computer) and I want something that's portable where I can edit on the go. Apple.com is an alright choice because I'd be getting the education discount and $100 gift card. Buuuut another option for me is the navy base. They have all current models of the MacBooks (including Retina) and all of them already have $200+ knocked off of them AND no sales tax. Oh yeah, and they hand out these scratcher cards where you can get anywhere from 5 to 25% off your purchase! The only downfall is you can't custom order and configure the computer to how you want. So they just have the base models without any upgrades. So I guess I just need to know if that's way too good of a deal to pass up or spend more money to get what I want? Or should I go for a completely different base model (like the Pro or Retina) that is closer to the configuration that I want but doesn't have the portability factor I'm looking for. I'm not the greatest at figuring out what specs I really need, so any help is appreciated!

wolfpuppies3
Aug 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
Is it better to get a good deal on something you don't want or pay a touch more for what you do want? Is that it?

Flip a coin, I purchase from store.apple.com.