PDA

View Full Version : Mac crashes when using control panel, expose or mission control

AdamTwosleeves
Aug 12, 2012, 06:33 PM
I've been having this trouble for a few months now. My computer will simply go black screen when I try to use Control Panel, Expose, or Mission Control. I don't think the computer turns off, it just seems to freeze, but the display goes completely black. The only thing that seems to work is holding the power button to turn it off, then turning it back on. I get the "Report Error" box and such when it comes back on.

I disabled the control panel, expose, and mission control from my hot corners and trackpad functions and since then I haven't had as much of a problem, but if I accidentally trigger one of them through the keyboard, it cuts my computer off. And I'd like to use them because they make it easier to navigate.

It also happens if there is a big change on the display, like if I scroll up too fast or change windows, but that seems to cause it much more sporadically. Activating one of those three navigators causes it almost every time.

I have 10.7.4, but I don't know much about it other than how to find that information. I've tried updating software, and I think it's all up to date.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Adam

akafaccia
Aug 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
I've been having the same issue. I was running on Snow Leopard and every once in a while when I used spaces, my screen would go black and I would need to do a hard reboot. I thought that it would get better by upgrading to Mountain Lion (10.8), which I did today but now it's even worse. Now my computer crashes every time I use the Mission Control or Application Windows feature.

I too would love to use these features because they are very practical and I have gotten used to them.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.