Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2012
I was wondering if Apple has made any changes or improvements to the GameCenter app. I hope they haven't left it to die. I wish they would make it more social and easier to meet people that utilize it. A chat feature would be ideal as well as awesome.

Luddicus

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2012
Cotati, CA
Yes, in fact they have redesigned the app to become more social. You'll be able to find Game Center friends through facebook.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
They pretty much left it the way it is...

They did add Facebook integration along with Game Center challenges.

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
I wonder why they don't use game center to propagate game progress across devices. I know some games use iCloud for this but a nice easy to use developer API in game center may speed up adoption. I really have no desire to play angry birds all over again just because I happen to be on my iPad instead of my phone for example.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
When will they fix the cheating? Or maybe they can't?

I don't really care about leaderboards rankings, but I occasionally check the leaderboards to see what the best scores are.

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
When will they fix the cheating? Or maybe they can't?

I don't really care about leaderboards rankings, but I occasionally check the leaderboards to see what the best scores are.

I hate that. You can't possibly have 9 quintillion floors on Tiny Tower.

They should delete any score that's 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.