Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Hi. I bought a rev C. 1.33 12 inch powerbook about a month ago. It's my first mac. I've been very happy with it until recently. Last night the computer started to disconnect from my wireless every couple minutes, then it started throwing beachballs everywhere. After this, I was patient enough to put applejack on the computer and did the reboot. While repairing the disk it said something like "Iomega (or Iowaga) not found or failure." After this it wasn't able to anything and I restarted it and it wouldn't go past a grey screen with the apple logo on it. I'm really worried now and have no idea what to do because it just stays in that screen. Can someone please tell me what to do? Any appropriate keys I should press or anything? This is my first foray into apple and not really a good experience!

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Not entirely sure what the Iomega error was about, if you don't have a Zip drive or anything like that. It sounds like your hard drive may have died. My suggestion would be to see if your computer can boot the Software Restore CD/DVD that came with it. Turn the computer on, insert the CD, and then hold the Command key. After a few seconds a list of bootable volumes should appear. Choose the Apple Hardware Test and run the extended test, see what information it gives you. That will help us help you better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.