PDA

View Full Version : How to implement bluetooth open manually in iPhone?

MayPeng
Aug 13, 2012, 03:23 AM
Developing a app to open bluetooth manually , it will connect other bluetooth device. Which apis will be used?

dejo
Aug 13, 2012, 09:07 AM
What kind of "other bluetooth device"? Another iOS device?

Duncan C
Aug 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
Developing a app to open bluetooth manually , it will connect other bluetooth device. Which apis will be used?

It is my understanding that if you want to make bluetooth connections to custom devices, you have to join Apple's hardware developer program. I think that's not part of the normal developer API.

Game kit gives you the ability to make bluetooth connections to other iOS devices nearby, but it sounds like you want to connect to custom, non iOS devices.

amorya
Aug 13, 2012, 01:48 PM
It is my understanding that if you want to make bluetooth connections to custom devices, you have to join Apple's hardware developer program. I think that's not part of the normal developer API.

That's true for standard Bluetooth devices.

However, you can talk to Bluetooth 4 Low Energy devices without needing to do that. If the device you're trying to talk to comes under that category, then look into the Core Bluetooth framework

Duncan C
Aug 13, 2012, 08:41 PM
That's true for standard Bluetooth devices.

However, you can talk to Bluetooth 4 Low Energy devices without needing to do that. If the device you're trying to talk to comes under that category, then look into the Core Bluetooth framework

I did not know that Apple had opened up the Bluetooth APIs for low energy devices to all developers. Thanks for correcting me.

MayPeng
Aug 13, 2012, 09:41 PM

Game kit gives you the ability to make bluetooth connections to other iOS devices nearby, but it sounds like you want to connect to custom, non iOS devices.

Yes,I will connect to custom devices.Thank you!

By the way, connect to custom devices, whether it still can use standard UI supported by GKPeerPickerController?