Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I am trying to login to multiple gmail accounts in Safari but it always hangs when attempting to sign in to the second account.

I have tried clearing cache / cookies, i've disabled all 3rd party plugins and also tried in private mode.

Has anyone else experienced this in Safari, it used to work but i think it's been broken now for quite some time.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Are you trying to sign in to two GMail accounts at the same time? That can't reasonably be expected to work in ANY browser - consider yourself lucky it works at all, due to the way browsers handle cookies.

tarryweather

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
Are you trying to sign in to two GMail accounts at the same time? That can't reasonably be expected to work in ANY browser - consider yourself lucky it works at all, due to the way browsers handle cookies.

It's a feature of Gmail actually.

Screen Shot 2012-08-13 at 8.18.26 AM.png

OP, I just tried it in Safari on Mountain Lion, and it works on my end. Not sure what to tell you.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K

tarryweather's solution should work for you, is it for multiple linked email addresses? Not sure how this works out side of gmail though, do you use other google services, e.g. drive? I have 3 linked accounts and it's quite handy to have.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
I don't have multiple GMail accounts, so I never knew this feature existed.

It's been there for a LONG time. So at least Google "reasonably expected it to work" and lucky us.

I'm not sure why it isn't working for you; can you sign in multiple accounts in another browser? And do you have any extensions running in Safari, particularly ones that use any Google service? I'd disable them all then try. There might be some old ones that don't work if you're accessing more than one account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.