Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andysunny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
India
The Gyro in my iPod has fully stopped working. It was purchased just a year back (June, 2011), but sadly now it is out of warranty for 1 & half months. The thing is, when i launch any rotation enabled apps, i only get the portrait mode. No landscape (don't think rotation lock is enabled, i'm not stupid). Take the calculator/ photos as example. I don't get the scientific calculator/ landscape of a photo from the album. I did restore to stock 5.1.1, at least 7-8 times with no result. Tried a reset with the Home+Sleep both pressed together. But everything fails. Now i checked the repair cost of an out of warranty 32 GB model, which is $149, 50% of the price. So It seems going to Apple store will not make any difference as they would try to milk more money out of it. So guys i'm in a complete fix, what should i do in a situation like this. Can anyone offer any sugestion in this regard.. eagerly looking forward. Any insights will be appreciated. :)

PS: I'm attaching a screenshot from 360 panoroma which luckily came up with this.:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0010.PNG
    IMG_0010.PNG
    153.3 KB · Views: 129
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.