Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
Hey everyone! It's my 14th birthday and I just got my iBook! I thank all of you for your advice! Well, I better get back to Macing! By the way, Macrumors renders much better in Mac OS X than Windows! :D :D

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
By the way, once I drain my iBooks battery and plug it back in, can I continue using it? Thanks!!

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
cool

thats awesome man...im the same with every1 else using that OTHER os. ... the best thing i could of done was buy an ipod which inspired me to buy an ibook, which will eventually inspire me to inspire everyone else to get rid of that windows crap and get a mac.... :)

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Yes you can. I am 13 who just got an iBook G4 1.42GHz 14".

I saved up for it all on my own, $1321.75 later.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
lilstewart92 said:
Yes you can. I am 13 who just got an iBook G4 1.42GHz 14".

I saved up for it all on my own, $1321.75 later.
Well, I worked for it and my parents got it now. I just have to pay a little bit more.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
By the way, can I wait to update the software on my iBook and wait until I go to somewhere like Panera Bread since I have dial-up?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Congrats on the purchase. Well done for saving up so much money. :)

zflauaus said:
By the way, can I wait to update the software on my iBook and wait until I go to somewhere like Panera Bread since I have dial-up?

Yeah, I don't see why not.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
mad jew said:
Congrats on the purchase. Well done for saving up so much money. :)

Yeah, I don't see why not.
Thanks! I worked hard for it. I can't wait to use it for good use. Oh wait, I already am!

mbdamdg

macrumors member
May 14, 2005
St. Louis, MO, usa
zflauaus said:
There's no rush to update - you're not going to notice much difference before / after updating. Enjoy your new iBook!

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
mbdamdg said:
There's no rush to update - you're not going to notice much difference before / after updating. Enjoy your new iBook!
Thanks! Seeing that you are in St. Louis, I just bought my iBook from the West County Apple Store. Those people are really, really friendly! I have to wait to go to a WiFi hotspot sometime. Living in the woods sucks.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
zflauaus said:
Thanks! Seeing that you are in St. Louis, I just bought my iBook from the West County Apple Store. Those people are really, really friendly! I have to wait to go to a WiFi hotspot sometime. Living in the woods sucks.

Do Apple stores have interent access? I thought the Macs on dispay were connected to the internet. If so perhaps they will allow you to update it there.

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
They will almost certainly let you update your Mac in the Apple store. If they didn't want this, they would put some kind of protection on the network, which at least at my local store, they haven't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.