PDA

View Full Version : Air or mbp?

Danando1993
Aug 13, 2012, 12:17 PM
Im writing this as I'm undecided about if an air or pro would be best for me while in university. I'll be studying architecture and I'm not sure if I I'll need to be installing anything specific on my new laptop so this will also be important in my decision.

The laptop would be used for basic stuff including Internet, mail, iTunes, word etc, the only game I would be playing would be runescape assuming it could handle it?

I was thinking about either the base 13 inch pro or air and the 11 inch base model air, which overall from the two base 13 inches (air and pro) is the more powerful? And how does the 11 inch air compare to them?

The plus points for the MacBook pro are that it has a disc drive and a bigger hard drive, the pluses for the air is its portability and the ssd. Which are the better advantages?

Ive never owned either so I'm quite stuck. Overall is the air a powerful laptop (11 or 13 inch base models)? does the ssd make much of difference? Is the proccessor in the 13 inch mbp a lot better?

bembol
Aug 13, 2012, 01:23 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1419234

Danando1993
Aug 13, 2012, 05:09 PM
doesn't help answer my questions.