Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Hey,

I'm having an issue with my Mail client not displaying properly when I scroll. Any tips on what to do? Here's an image of what's going on. I'm running on 10.8 with no updates available and restarted several times to no avail :-(

Thanks!

Last edited:

prisstratton

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Hey,

I'm having an issue with my Mail client not displaying properly when I scroll. Any tips on what to do? Here's an image of what's going on. I'm running on 10.8 with no updates available and restarted several times to no avail :-(

Thanks!

I also had some "graphical" issues with Mail. On the weekend I finally decided to perform a clean install as I was having "quirky" issues with several applications along with the huge battery drain that many others are also reporting. I am still re-evaluating everything, but the graphical issues in Mail seem to be corrected.

As I mentioned I am still evaluating, but I will report back if Mail shows me any more graphical issues.

mape2k

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Germany
Since I did a clean install of ML I also have these glitches occasionally (~once a week). Opening and closing the App window fixes the issue.

I'll just wait for 10.8.1 to fix it, no big deal.

How often do you get the glitches?

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Small bugs like these appear to be widespread with OS X 10.X.0 releases. Anyway.

I had problems where the message itself would be glitched in a random pattern, usually corresponding to any overlapping windows. I'm sure the soon-to-arrive OS X 10.8.1 update will fix it. If you want to do something, drop Apple a tip on their website.

prisstratton

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
I also had some "graphical" issues with Mail. On the weekend I finally decided to perform a clean install as I was having "quirky" issues with several applications along with the huge battery drain that many others are also reporting. I am still re-evaluating everything, but the graphical issues in Mail seem to be corrected.

As I mentioned I am still evaluating, but I will report back if Mail shows me any more graphical issues.

Well, I am still experiencing graphical issues in Mail. They are less drastic than before, but still there.

I guess I will wait and see what happens with 10.8.1 and if this returns no positive results I will be returning to Lion.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
UK
I started my own thread but thought best to join this one instead.

I am having the artefacts in mail also, this is on a fresh installation of ML, before, when I was running ML before reinstalling it, the issue was not there.

Weird!

boomshot

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2012
10.8.1 graphics issues

I noticed this type of issue as well, first in Mail, then in some photo editing apps. 10.8.1 update has not resolved the issue.

graphicsissuemail1.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.