PDA

View Full Version : ATV2: Still enough value to 'trade in' for ATV3?

Poki
Aug 13, 2012, 09:38 PM
I just put an auction on ebay to sell my one year old ATV2 in like-new condition. As I never looked at the ATV2 prices, do you think there are still enough people out there wanting an ATV2 to sell it with a starting price of 99?

I don't care about the Jailbreak, and thought if I can upgrade to the ATV3 almost for free, why don't use this opportunity? Hopefully photos will look a bit better with 1080p support.

Koodauw
Aug 13, 2012, 09:42 PM
at least here in the US, you can easily sell an ATV2 for well over the $99 it cost new, and to upgrade to an ATV3. This will most likely be the case until/if they release a JB for the ATV3.

Poki
Aug 13, 2012, 09:47 PM
It seems to be the case here judging from other auctions. But don't know just how bad the news today will be for my auction. :( Yep, it should need some months until the jailbreak is ready, but now people got hope. :D

hafr
Aug 14, 2012, 02:18 AM
I just put an auction on ebay to sell my one year old ATV2 in like-new condition. As I never looked at the ATV2 prices, do you think there are still enough people out there wanting an ATV2 to sell it with a starting price of 99?

I don't care about the Jailbreak, and thought if I can upgrade to the ATV3 almost for free, why don't use this opportunity? Hopefully photos will look a bit better with 1080p support.

You can get about 180-200 euros for an ATV2 here in Europe if it's jailbroken and everything installed. If not, you'll get about 150 euros.