Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
I just put an auction on ebay to sell my one year old ATV2 in like-new condition. As I never looked at the ATV2 prices, do you think there are still enough people out there wanting an ATV2 to sell it with a starting price of 99€?

I don't care about the Jailbreak, and thought if I can upgrade to the ATV3 almost for free, why don't use this opportunity? Hopefully photos will look a bit better with 1080p support.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
at least here in the US, you can easily sell an ATV2 for well over the $99 it cost new, and to upgrade to an ATV3. This will most likely be the case until/if they release a JB for the ATV3.

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
It seems to be the case here judging from other auctions. But don't know just how bad the news today will be for my auction. :( Yep, it should need some months until the jailbreak is ready, but now people got hope. :D

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I just put an auction on ebay to sell my one year old ATV2 in like-new condition. As I never looked at the ATV2 prices, do you think there are still enough people out there wanting an ATV2 to sell it with a starting price of 99€?

I don't care about the Jailbreak, and thought if I can upgrade to the ATV3 almost for free, why don't use this opportunity? Hopefully photos will look a bit better with 1080p support.

You can get about 180-200 euros for an ATV2 here in Europe if it's jailbroken and everything installed. If not, you'll get about 150 euros.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.