Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ceedoubleyou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
Someone please tell me what I've done wrong, disconnected & took Macbook overseas and when I reconnected Macbook via HDMI cable to TV, I had to click the "mirror display" to show computer screen up onto TV and I've somehow lost the sound to the TV, sound only on the Macbook. Everything was going fine untill I disconnected and then reconnected. TIA

Nov 28, 2010
located
Check System Preferences > Sound > Output or OPTION/Alt click the sound/volume icon in the Menu Bar and tell us, what is listed and checked as Output Device when the MacBook or MacBook Pro (confused, as you mention MBP in thread title, but this thread is in the MB section and you only write "Macbook" in your post) is connected to the TV.

2012_01_04_pC1_OptionClickVOLUMEicon.png

ceedoubleyou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
Check System Preferences > Sound > Output or OPTION/Alt click the sound/volume icon in the Menu Bar and tell us, what is listed and checked as Output Device when the MacBook or MacBook Pro (confused, as you mention MBP in thread title, but this thread is in the MB section and you only write "Macbook" in your post) is connected to the TV.

Thanks for your response.

Sorry, it is a Macbook Pro.

Here is a screen shot of my sound output

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5485/screenshot20120815at825.png

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thanks for your response.

Sorry, it is a Macbook Pro.

Here is a screen shot of my sound output

screenshot20120815at825.png

That is a screenshot of you sound input, I meant sound output.
And for making smaller screenshots, you can either use CMD+SHIFT+4 and select the area with your mouse to shoot or press CMD+SHIFT+4, then Spacebar and then use your mouse to click on a window or element to shoot.

ceedoubleyou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
That is a screenshot of you sound input, I meant sound output.
And for making smaller screenshots, you can either use CMD+SHIFT+4 and select the area with your mouse to shoot or press CMD+SHIFT+4, then Spacebar and then use your mouse to click on a window or element to shoot.

YouTube: video

Hi

Sorry, arghhh, I was in a bit of a rush, trying to answer you, before I went off to work.

I'll take another screen shot when I get home at noon.

Thanks again.

ceedoubleyou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
Thanks again for that, I just needed someone to show me the obvious, I have sound again, couldn't see the trees for the forest!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.