Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adcx64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Philadelphia
Can you guys recommend me any file recovery softwares? my ***** friend deleted 6000 songs and 45 movies from my drive :mad::(

Nov 28, 2010
located
I guess you already looked in the Trash?

To retrieve files, that have been deleted and also been emptied from the Trash or are on unrecognisable partitions or HDDs, you can use

• Data Rescue 3 - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
  • Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
  • FileSalvage - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
  • DiskDrill - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (79 USD)
  • Nice To Recover - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (69.95 USD)

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
I can't think of any good free ones. Disk Drill has worked nicely for me in the past. Same with Data Rescue 3 and Stellar Phoenix. I used DR3 and Stellar Phoenix at the AASP I worked for when we'd recover Mac HDDs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
You probably already know this, but try not to use the hard drive that the lost data was on, or it might get overwritten.

wobegong

May 29, 2012
Just looked this App up on MacUpDate, if you can believe the reviews, it sounds like an Application to beware of, mostly because of the companies business practices.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23637/boomerang

Thanks for pointing that out - as you say does not look good (although for me at least it has worked fine on a number of 'life threatening' occasions) so would probably go with the other safer options with hopefully better support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.