Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcooper42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
I nearly bought a 12" several months ago after the last update, but decided to play it safe instead and get a Mini since this it was my first Mac. Well, obviously, I love Mac and wanted to go back and get the powerbook. I was tempted to wait for the update though, thinking it would at least be a 7448 and probably a video bump for the 12".

Well, forget it. Its not worth stressing and checking the rumor site everyday, when I can use the computer now. If its a worthwhile update, probably we won't see it until late October or November. If its not a worthwhile update then I don't care when it is. Either way, the current PB is a nice computer and I'm happy I own it.

jcooper42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
Spidey79 said:
is it good for video editiing?

I don't know, I'm sure there are good reviews of that elsewhere. I don't really even need the capabilities of the powerbook, which is part of the reason I didn't wait for the bump.

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
Good for you. I recently did the same thing. Now you should ask yourself whether finding out soon about a Powerbook update in the very near future will bother you much. If so, you might want to consider avoiding related websites for a while while you enjoy your new PB ;)

jcooper42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
Hehe depends on the update!!

If it were next week, and it were a big update, I'd eat most likely eat the restock cost. After the return period though, probably I should follow your advice and stop watching the websites, and tell Apple to stop sending me product announcement emails!

I have to laugh at myself really, because I would have been perfectly happy with just an iBook. But the Powerbook is so pretty! Still, I'm concerned about having the *best* Powerbook. Stupid, stupid consumer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.