PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook Problems

doubleraven
Aug 6, 2005, 09:17 PM
Hi all.

About two and a half months ago, I picked up a refurb rev. D 15" PowerBook (1.5GHz, combodrive, 1gb RAM). While my first Mac experience has been mostly positive(I <3 Tiger), I've been having some stability problems.

The first time or two it happened, I just ignored it, but can't anymore. What's happening is that expose/hot-corners and the dock just stop responding all together. I've tried relaunching Finder several times, but it never seems to help. I repaired permissions, and still have this problem. It is very frustrating, because I usually have a couple programs (iTunes, Firefox, iChat, and maybe an Office app) and cannot switch between them effiently(right now I'm trying to get to dashboard to check the spelling on that last word and can not even do that). Then if I try to shut down or restart, it will quit all the open applications, and the toolbar and icons will go away, and it will just sit with the broken dock, and then I have to hard shut down.

Can anyone shed some light on what may be going on here?

Also, every couple days, my charger stops providing power (my PowerBook is currently a desktop replacement until I go to school next month), and the only way to get the Mac back on wall power is to take the power cord off the charger and plug it in again. Not sure what's going on with that.

Help Please!! I love Tiger and the Apple experience, but had much less problems running XP (and I'd rather not go back to that clumsy OS)

eva01
Aug 6, 2005, 09:22 PM
can you try another power adapter you may have a defective one.

and try to create a new user and see if that user has the expose isssues or not, could be just your user preferences that are messed up.