PDA

View Full Version : Normal iBook Temp?

zflauaus
Aug 7, 2005, 12:43 AM
I downloaded the miniCPUheat Widget and it said it was 140 to 150 degrees. What is the normal temp? I had my iBook flat on the desk, but I got a riser now and so it's cooling off. I was just wondering. BTW, it's the new iBooks.

EternalTL2k3
Aug 7, 2005, 01:03 AM
mine is running right now at 111degrees in my lap but I am also not doing anything really intensive. Mostly surfing, chatting, dashboard in background stuff

jhomayne
Aug 7, 2005, 05:34 AM
Mine's at 89degrees at the mo. Chilled as owt.

DarkNetworks
Aug 7, 2005, 07:01 AM
I don't know my temperature, but my system is on for 7 days now. No shut down, restart or sleep.It's HOT!

jamesW135
Aug 7, 2005, 08:26 AM
There is no normal temperature, it all just depends on your workload. Mine I would have to say is at about 50-60 but i really dont do alot of photoshop, and other huge applications.

runninmac
Aug 7, 2005, 08:42 PM
There is no normal temperature, it all just depends on your workload. Mine I would have to say is at about 50-60 but i really dont do alot of photoshop, and other huge applications.

I hope your talking about celecius :eek:

ammigo
Aug 8, 2005, 09:41 PM
I just switched from the last version of the ibook to the new ibook. My old one never seemed to get very hot, and this new one (I bought it yesterday) seems to get really quite warm on the left side. Do you guys experience that too? I'm not doing anything more than some e-mailing and itunes. Please help! If it's not normal, I want to exchange it.

terriyaki
Aug 9, 2005, 01:15 AM
I just switched from the last version of the ibook to the new ibook. My old one never seemed to get very hot, and this new one (I bought it yesterday) seems to get really quite warm on the left side. Do you guys experience that too? I'm not doing anything more than some e-mailing and itunes. Please help! If it's not normal, I want to exchange it.

I have a brand new 12" iBook as well and notice the heat just left of the trackpad. It's not unbearable.. but it's pretty noticeable. I only notice it when I'm plugged into a wall outlet, though. It's usually nice and cool when I'm running off of the battery.