PDA

View Full Version : What a Night: First Show with a New Band and an ATF Bust

Guitarius
Aug 7, 2005, 02:28 AM
Just got home after one crazy night. It all started about 5:30 today. I was visiting a friend at the pool he works at when I get a call asking me if I wanna play a show tonight. I show up at his house a while later to find 8 other people all planning on playing too! :eek: I had never even jammed with most of them, so I was a little uneasy. In all we had three guitars, a bass, a sax, trombone, keyboard, drums and, and me...on vocals. First time I had done anything but guitar, but I was interested in branching off, so I accepted. I had been jamming with a couple of the guys doing some talking while they played. Not singing, like saying poetry to music.

Anyway, things happened, and we didn't even get to play around before the show. We went on at about 9. Let me tell you. Those guys can play. We played a 30 minute set that ended up being just one long improved jam song. It totally rocked. Having never played with 5 of them, and coming together a couple hours before the show, I was amazed. The people there were all really into it as well.

So, our set finished, we mingled a little, then decided to get some drinks to celebrate. We end up in this bar across town, drinking, having a good old time. At about 12:30, the ATF shows up, so the bar pretty much shuts down. It emptied out pretty damn quick. So we end up jetting, get a bite to eat at the onle good 24 hour place in this armpit of a town.

By 2, I end up back home, showered, and thinking about how awesome this night has been. This is a night I will remember for a good while. It's been one of those nights that's going to be hard to forget. You know? :cool:

mad jew
Aug 7, 2005, 02:32 AM
Glad the gig went well. There's nothing worse than being onstage during a bad gig. :o

By the way, what does ATF stand for?

Guitarius
Aug 7, 2005, 02:33 AM
By the way, what does ATF stand for?
That would be the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. They are a regulatory agency here in the states for the above mentioned things.

mad jew
Aug 7, 2005, 02:36 AM
That would be the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

Classic! Only in the States would those three be lumped together in one bureau. :D

Drink, smoke, shoot. :cool:

Guitarius
Aug 7, 2005, 02:51 AM
Yeah. Kinda funny really. There are a lot of underaged kids that go there and drink, which is probably why the ATF was there, but I can't be sure, since I didn't see them IDing anyone.