Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qwarentine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Hi,
Has any one tries Airparrot over ehternet cables instead of wi-fi. Did it improve AP performance? I am using wi-fi and there is a lack of smoothness and many dropped frames while watching videos. Let me know what are your findings if you tried this.

Thanks
Steve

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Hi,
Has any one tries Airparrot over ehternet cables instead of wi-fi. Did it improve AP performance? I am using wi-fi and there is a lack of smoothness and many dropped frames while watching videos. Let me know what are your findings if you tried this.

Thanks
Steve

I tried cable to router (aTV too far away for cable to router for that). Didn't help. Their TS told me my 2.66 Core Duo didn't have enough CPU. It takes multi core processors for best performance. If that is the case, and there's no reason to doubt them, it makes sense that ethernet wouldn't help. It's an h.264 stream once it leaves the mac, so it should not put any more demand on a wifi system than a normal aTV/iTunes would...right?

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
I've been using airparrot since shortly after its release and have not experienced a single hiccup in the process. Both my Mac mini with Airparrot on it and my apple tv are wired back to a Cisco/linksys wrt320N using cat 6 cabling.

qwarentine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
No youtube live stream in ATY3

Does youtube live stream work for any one on ATV 3 ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.