Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Well, I think I've decided on going with the refurb 2004 dual 2.0ghz PM. It has everything I need and a little more for the low low price of $1649. I am going to add AppleCare, and then eventually it will get more ram and a better vid card and bigger hd. But for now it will be great as is. So I'm gonna do it. It's $100 cheaper than the current one, and the only down sides are 64mb vid card as opposed to 128, and 8x DVD burner instead of 16x. I think I can live with that. I know I can live with that, especially since this model can take 8gb of ram, AND has PCI-X! So anyway, does the iPod deal work with this or no?

BryanLyle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Unfortunately not. I printed out the rebate form and in the teeny tiny blurry print at the bottom, it says that refurbs are excluded :(

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
BryanLyle said:
Unfortunately not. I printed out the rebate form and in the teeny tiny blurry print at the bottom, it says that refurbs are excluded :(

Alright, well, it was worth a try. I'm still getting that PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.