Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newtoiphonesdk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I submitted a few app updates about a week ago. Yesterday, my iOS Distribution Certificate issued by Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority expired. Xcode organizer prompted me to renew one, and it installed, and I deleted the old one from the Keychain Access Tool. My question is this: will me having to replace the distribution certificate have any adverse affects on the updates I submitted with the old one?

I'm still a registered developer...for some reason, several certificates and profiles expired on me a few days after I submitted the updates.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
Most likely it will be no problem. The apps are validated when you upload them. If they hadn't passed you would have gotten a quick rejection. Apple removes your code signing and then re-signs the app with its own credentials for its testing and again later for distribution on the app store.

The purpose of signing the app with the distribution certificate is so that Apple can verify that the app was submitted by you. Once that's done they don't care about your code signing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.