PDA

View Full Version : Quake Players

Wildy
Aug 18, 2012, 07:51 AM
Any Quake (or for that matter any other PPC FPS) players here? I played the hell out of the DOS demo when I was a kid - just rediscovered it thanks to DarkPlaces on OSX and am happily having my arse handed to me on a plate online!

On a side note, I think that so long as there remains an open-source community, PPC will still be useful for a good while yet.

highvoltageuk
Aug 18, 2012, 03:43 PM
My Lord now you diggin deep into the cupboard.....That was a great game back in the day along with Doom......Never tried to play Quake on the ppc :apple:
Alas i think alot of my dos softwear went into the bin.....still might a copy of 6.22 on floppy somewhere....shhh dont tell anyone:eek:

Lil Chillbil
Aug 18, 2012, 03:50 PM
I still play doom and have played quake they are both great games

long live my super nintendo !

Starfighter
Aug 18, 2012, 04:21 PM
Quake works like a charm on PPC! I have never played it online though, I'm not all that into gaming with others. Quake 1, single player. That's where the good stuff happens. :)

Wildy
Aug 18, 2012, 05:50 PM
Maybe you should try some good co-op games? You get the laughs from playing with your buddies, without all the competitiveness.

Nice to see some other Quakers here though :D

InuNacho
Aug 19, 2012, 11:41 PM
Ehh, always been an Unreal kind of guy.

Does anyone remember an old Mac Addict or some other Mac magazine where it advertised that "You'll need UNREAL specs to play Unreal"? Good stuff.

estrides
Aug 20, 2012, 12:08 PM
I remember the UNREAL specs ad hahah, I remember playing Unreal on my first pc, with 8mbs of ram. It ran smooth. UNREAL-ly Smooth.

Wildy
Aug 20, 2012, 12:13 PM
I picked up the original Unreal Tournament for 99p the other day - was pretty chuffed :D Unfortunately I haven't gotten round to playing it yet.

wobegong
Aug 21, 2012, 03:27 AM
I picked up the original Unreal Tournament for 99p the other day - was pretty chuffed :D Unfortunately I haven't gotten round to playing it yet.

The original Unreal Tournament I believe is still the best :D

I play Quake III and IV on my G5 as well as Doom III and UT 2004, heard about this Quake I port recently as well and will be getting this set up asap for some nostalgic gaming!!

Other games on the G5 include Homeworld (don't like it), Amnesia, Civilization IV (waste LOADS of time on this one), Medal of Honour, Call of Duty 1 & 2 etc..

Have a selection of newer games on my MBP but use my PS3 mainly now.