PDA

View Full Version : G5 Sound Card Fun

Zeke D
Aug 19, 2012, 11:48 AM
I need an analog microphone for my Spanish classes. G5 input is digital. I have a SB audugy PCI card, but no drivers. The MPU401 drivers I did find are for snow Leo. I have an SB Live!, but it wont physically fit. Any suggestions?

SuperJudge
Aug 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Your best bet is likely to be a USB sound card, like the Griffin iMic. I've got one that I use with GarageBand and it's decent enough. I'm not currently aware of any consumer grade sound cards that would work with your PowerMac G5, but someone else may know of one.

Zeke D
Aug 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
Your best bet is likely to be a USB sound card, like the Griffin iMic. I've got one that I use with GarageBand and it's decent enough. I'm not currently aware of any consumer grade sound cards that would work with your PowerMac G5, but someone else may know of one.

it figures. no money to purchase a usb thingy. The more I work with this G5 the more I hate it.

GermanyChris
Aug 19, 2012, 12:59 PM
it figures. no money to purchase a usb thingy. The more I work with this G5 the more I hate it.

Am i going to have to mail you more things I don't use??

They aren't expensive, less than $5 on ebay and $10 in the computer store..

Zeke D
Aug 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Am i going to have to mail you more things I don't use??

They aren't expensive, less than $5 on ebay and $10 in the computer store..

The problem is that there are no Mac stores in my area. Even if there were, no money = no buying stuff. Vista Higher Learning is the poopyist web-based learning I have ever experienced. I would wait until I get the first thing you sent me before sending anything else :p

GermanyChris
Aug 19, 2012, 01:17 PM
The problem is that there are no Mac stores in my area. Even if there were, no money = no buying stuff. Vista Higher Learning is the poopyist web-based learning I have ever experienced. I would wait until I get the first thing you sent me before sending anything else :p

It's going to take a while..

I sent it super slow boat meaning boat literally, and had to wait for the lady who actually likes me because it's oversize...

but seriously they're not in the least expensive..3 packs of ramen if you use that measurement like I did for many years :p

Zeke D
Aug 19, 2012, 01:19 PM
It's going to take a while..

I sent it super slow boat meaning boat literally, and had to wait for the lady who actually likes me because it's oversize...

but seriously they're not in the least expensive..3 packs of ramen if you use that measurement like I did for many years :p

Yeah I remember ramen days of yore. Now I have a wife and two kids to worry about. Thats why I still use the poopy first gen MBA. I tell you what if I ever play the lotto and win, I am replacing all this crap! I would love to mess with PPC as a hobby, not to keep my stuff afloat.

Matthew55904
Aug 19, 2012, 04:09 PM
I need an analog microphone for my Spanish classes. G5 input is digital. I have a SB audugy PCI card, but no drivers. The MPU401 drivers I did find are for snow Leo. I have an SB Live!, but it wont physically fit. Any suggestions?

That looks exactly like a SoundBlaster Audigy SE

Zeke D
Aug 19, 2012, 09:05 PM
That looks exactly like a SoundBlaster Audigy SE

That's because it is.

NuMackUsr
Aug 20, 2012, 06:31 PM
i have 3 of these cards (bought one for each computer in the household awhile back) i too wanted to use this in my PowerMac. If anyone has had any luck getting this working on Tiger or Leopard let us all know. This sound card uses the CA0106 chip.