PDA

View Full Version : Achitectural software

Mcblack
Aug 19, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hi, i've seen that the last thread is a bit old, so i wanted to ask again about opinion.

I've downloaded ArchiCad 16, SketchUp and Rhinoceros for mac (wich is in process right now). I've haven't tried them so much, and i wanted to know if their good options, and how to complet them for some rendering.

Blarnld
Aug 21, 2012, 11:46 AM
A good place to start with SketchUp plugins.
http://sketchuprendering.com/rendering-add-ons-for-sketchup/

twietee
Aug 21, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hi, i've seen that the last thread is a bit old, so i wanted to ask again about opinion.

I've downloaded ArchiCad 16, SketchUp and Rhinoceros for mac (which is in process right now). I've haven't tried them so much, and i wanted to know if their good options, and how to complet them for some rendering.

I dislike SketchUp, but mainly out of personal reasons. But I used it heavily when first released. Maybe they made vast improvements on it, I don't know and actually don't want to.

ArchiCAD is my favorite CAD by far; but I have to work with VektorWorks at the office, which is ok, has def. some advantages, but ArchiCAD is just the most elegant drwing-program that I know of. But pricey! I disliked AutoCAd for some reasons - it's more 'technical' than 'architectural' imho and less intuitive, can't explain that much better now as I stepped back immediately.

And Rhino, well I own it, but the Mac transfer takes just forever. I think it's 'in the process' about 5 years now, so that's it. I use it on a PC though and like it a lot.

Mcblack
Aug 22, 2012, 07:32 AM
yeah, i think like you about autocad.

i'm learning some archicad, do you where can i find tutorials and somo introducting videos¿?

twietee
Aug 22, 2012, 10:59 AM
i'm learning some archicad, do you where can i find tutorials and somo introducting videos¿?

Sorry, I don't. It was a mixture of learning by doing, fellow students and the studios I worked for back then. Aren't there any tutorials at the Graphisoft homepage? If you're completely on your own and have no knowledge at all, I'd advise you renting 1-2 books from the library.