Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ness7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2011
I'm buying a new SGS3 so soon. And I already have a laptop and bought iPad 3 on May. What do you think how much will SGS3 affect my usage of iPad 3. I think most of my light duties SGS3 will handle easily (facebook, instagram, web surfing). Also for heavy duty i use my laptop since I saw that iPad can't do heavy duty usage (this is sad part of iPad).

Also I love the way iOs works, everything is easy and smooth but I HATE the versatility of it. It just is pain in the A** when it comes to iTunes (even it is so easy to use) I just don't want always to connect my iGadget to My laptop for sync, I LIKE the way of Android Plug & Play, Copy & Paste, etc. That's why I will stay with Android again (curently have HTC desire Hd).

I will just wait until September 12 for iPhone 5 launch to see what kind of differences it will have over iP4S. This will lead me to a healthier decision for my next smartphone (which most probably Will be a SGS3).

Sent from my iPad 3.

Thanks,

Ness.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I'm buying a new SGS3 so soon. And I already have a laptop and bought iPad 3 on May. What do you think how much will SGS3 affect my usage of iPad 3. I think most of my light duties SGS3 will handle easily (facebook, instagram, web surfing). Also for heavy duty i use my laptop since I saw that iPad can't do heavy duty usage (this is sad part of iPad).

Also I love the way iOs works, everything is easy and smooth but I HATE the versatility of it. It just is pain in the A** when it comes to iTunes (even it is so easy to use) I just don't want always to connect my iGadget to My laptop for sync, I LIKE the way of Android Plug & Play, Copy & Paste, etc. That's why I will stay with Android again (curently have HTC desire Hd).

I will just wait until September 12 for iPhone 5 launch to see what kind of differences it will have over iP4S. This will lead me to a healthier decision for my next smartphone (which most probably Will be a SGS3).

Sent from my iPad 3.

Thanks,

Ness.
for me, the S3 doesn't affect anything at home.I am always using a tablet at home and the phone is just for calling. Even though the galaxy s 3 can handle web surfing, I still prefer to do it on my tablet. Short answer, the s3 can handle everything out and about, but my tablet still maintains priority at home.

Dunbar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I have both on Verizon LTE and I don't think the S3 will change how you use the iPad. I only bother taking the iPad with me if I know I'll have several hours of downtime during the day and it's obviously great for travel. The larger screen is a nice break from looking at a smartphone for hours at a time. For something you can carry in your pocket the S3 is a great device and LTE on a phone is awesome. At home I use my MacBook Air.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Hasn't changed anything for me either. Phone is still the phone; iPad is still the iPad.

Oh, and what do you mean by 'the iPad can't do any heavy lifting'? I use my iPad constantly for presenting PowerPoint and Keynote presentations on a projector and HDTV at work, for jotting notes with Noteshelf, word processing with Pages, and photo editing with the camera connection kit and various apps.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
It didn't affect me at all. The iPad is my bedside toy. (not THAT kind) haha!

I use my phone for every thing when I am away from my computer or the house.

Used it for a recipe today because I don't care to run upstairs to fetch the iPad.

mysteryfans

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
USA
Personally I like Iphone design, material and looks more elegant. However, in my opinion it lost to Samsung S3 in hardware specs and software features. Such as decent camera, microSD slot for memory expansion, replaceable battery, and NFC. Which one that you should choose? It is back to your budget and personal interest. I personally would go with S3. No offense to Apple fans, I've Iphone before S3.. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.