Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouisCyphre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
Hi,

just recently got me a Mac Mini 2011 2,5 GHZ with 8 GB of Ram and absolutely love it.
Now I would like to get a Dell U3011 and would like to know if the Mini would run hot with putting out a res. of 2560x1600. I really could not stand it if the Mini would run its fan at high speed and would therefore be hot and noisy...
I really love the silence . I would use the Monitor for surfing, watching TV, little gaming, office work and DVD or BD playback.
Thanks a bunch for any replies up front!!

... English is not my main language, so please excuse any misspellings ;) ...

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
I have both a Dell 24 incher and a Dell 3007 FPW monitor (Not at the same time) that I use with my MacMini 2011 with 16 GB of ram, and the 5400 rpm Hdd, integrated video chip. No heat issue unless my air conditioner is set too high in the Florida weather, but nothing that I have been concerned about. I don't game, nor computer intensive CAD work, so that may play a part and others will weigh in with their experiences.

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
The resolution is piece of cake for normal use. It is different when driving that res in 3D applications, but if you turn off AA en AI, then you're fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.