Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Layth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
I'm looking for an app where I can make a list consisting of several columns and that each column can link to a sub list.

Example:

Column 1 | Column 2 | Column 3 | Column 4

Album | Artist | Year | Rating

Then I'd like to be able to tap on the album and reveal a sublist consisting of two columns.

Example:

Column 1 | Column 2

Track | Rating

Lately the app should be able to export these lists as a PDF. Bonus points if it can print too.

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
OmniOutliner can do something close to this with Album as parent and Tracks as a child rows. Child rows stay hidden until expanded by tapping the little triangle, displaying the child rows with track info.

Album Artist Year Rating
- Album 1 Artist 1 2012 A+
- Track 1 4.5
- Track 2 3.2
- Album 2 Artist 2 2010 B-

In OO, it looks better than this

Layth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
OmniOutliner can do something close to this with Album as parent and Tracks as a child rows. Child rows stay hidden until expanded by tapping the little triangle, displaying the child rows with track info.

Album Artist Year Rating
- Album 1 Artist 1 2012 A+
- Track 1 4.5
- Track 2 3.2
- Album 2 Artist 2 2010 B-

In OO, it looks better than this

Thanks for the response.

So, I already have OmniOutliner and started to test this out. How do I make it so that the children rows have different column titles than the parents? Cause if I can do that OmniOutliner would fit my need for this.

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
Thanks for the response.

So, I already have OmniOutliner and started to test this out. How do I make it so that the children rows have different column titles than the parents? Cause if I can do that OmniOutliner would fit my need for this.

I don't think you can have different columns. I believe all rows have the same columns in OO. That's why I said you could do something close to what you want.

Another option would be to hide one or more columns that pertain only to the child rows and only unhide them when you want to see the Track info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.