PDA

View Full Version : IPOD 20 gig colour has deleted my songs.

superx
Aug 8, 2005, 07:43 AM
Hey Guys,

Last night I was listening to my Ipod and connected it last night to add more songs from one of my cds, then now I am at work and all my songs are gone nothing is on my ipod,

I don't have the cable or anything with me, becasue I am at work, but why would this happen did I do something wrong, is there something wrong with my ipod.

Let me know if anyone has had this problem thanks.

mad jew
Aug 8, 2005, 07:49 AM
I had exactly the same problem with my 4G. I had to reinstall the firmware countless times and try to slowly re-sync my library. During re-syncing, it kept freezing iTunes so I'd have to just unplug it, restart the frozen iPod, and plug it in again. It'd only do a few hundred songs at a time. :(

I'm pretty sure it's just the sign of a dying iPod. Maybe it's time we went to an Apple Store and either got it fixed or bought a new one. By the way, now that the library is reloaded, it's been working well...

...touch wood. I'm expecting it to completely die soon though.

superx
Aug 8, 2005, 07:49 AM
ok weird,

I can't get to listen to any of my albums, went to see about my IPOD

song 0
Photos 0
Capacity 18.5 gig
Available 12.4 gig
Version 1.2

So I am missing 6 gigs, which are probally my songs.

How do I get those back?

mad jew
Aug 8, 2005, 07:59 AM
I had the exact same problem. I just had to go back to my computer and re upload them once I'd reinstalled the firmware from the Software Updater.

superx
Aug 8, 2005, 08:12 AM
thanks, that sucks really wanted to listen to some music now.

Great

mad jew
Aug 8, 2005, 08:16 AM
Yeah, tell me about it. I reckon I'll get a Shuffle next time. I've had too much trouble with the regular iPod.

superx
Aug 8, 2005, 08:44 AM
looks like I will be exchanging this one, for a new one since this one has given me a couple of problems