Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
USA
My iBook's backlight does not come on until the unit is completely powered up and in OSX tiger. When the unit powers up, there should be a little apple and then the spinning thing. Which I can see, barely, But the backlight does not light up. Anyone know how to turn the backlight back on in startup?

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
derf said:
My iBook's backlight does not come on until the unit is completely powered up and in OSX tiger. When the unit powers up, there should be a little apple and then the spinning thing. Which I can see, barely, But the backlight does not light up. Anyone know how to turn the backlight back on in startup?

Mine does the same thing. I am not sure there is anything that can be done.

derf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
USA
Well, I think I remember messing with something when I was trying to figure out why my cd-rw would not accept cd's. I don't remember :( there has to be a way to fix it :(

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
skubish said:

You guys talking about newest revision iBooks or older ones?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I'm not near my iBook at the moment but from memory this only happens when you start up from battery, right? I'm pretty sure I get backlight most of the time because it's plugged into the wall.

I'll check when I get back to my little iBook. :)

derf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
USA
ITASOR said:
You guys talking about newest revision iBooks or older ones?

I have the revision before the last one. Also it happens when it is connected to power as well.

derf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
USA
skubish said:

Hey, My friend came into work today and figured it out for us. You have to reset the P-Ram. To do this restart the computer, and as soon as it starts to boot, hold down "apple + option + P + R" keep holding them down until the computer restarts 3 times, then you let them go and let the computer boot normally. As soon as he did this the backlight turned right back on.

Hope this helps ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.