Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
My god people are ******s on here sometimes.
The op is simply letting people know of a fantastic case and it's free
Yes it's still free even if you pay for shipping, the case itself is still free.

If you don't want to do it then don't, but don't fricken crap in someone else's thread just to make you feel better about your pathetic little life../ rant

swiftbmx

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
No one here is being an ******. ZooGue is being deceptive by calling it free and charging $4 for shipping. They can use whatever semantics they want but the case still costs $4. What if they said the case was $4 and shipping was free instead?

BTW, as someone who has actually received the case, it's not worth your $4. Go on ebay and you'll find literally over 100,000 items under $4 shipped, some even with popular brands that are discontinued colors/styles/etc.

Zoogue is in it to make money. They spend no more than a few pennies on the cost of goods, spend about $1-$1.50 to ship, and everything else is profit.

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
No one here is being an ******. ZooGue is being deceptive by calling it free and charging $4 for shipping. They can use whatever semantics they want but the case still costs $4. What if they said the case was $4 and shipping was free instead?

BTW, as someone who has actually received the case, it's not worth your $4. Go on ebay and you'll find literally over 100,000 items under $4 shipped, some even with popular brands that are discontinued colors/styles/etc.

Zoogue is in it to make money. They spend no more than a few pennies on the cost of goods, spend about $1-$1.50 to ship, and everything else is profit.

Then I tell you what don't buy it.
It say in pretty plain bold English you pay shipping. Nothing deceptive about it.
I also have the case the new and the old version and it is a perfectly adequate and at the full retail price of 14.99 it's better than most other cases that cost twice that for the same about of plastic they paid pennies for.

Heaven forbid a business should make money. I suppose you work for free.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
If it says not spam it probably is! I work for a company where we ran a competition for a free (including shipping) 32" hd tv. I emailed the winner 4 times and he never responded. I'm sure he felt it was spam. His lose was our MD's gain as he put it in his office!

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
If it says not spam it probably is! I work for a company where we ran a competition for a free (including shipping) 32" hd tv. I emailed the winner 4 times and he never responded. I'm sure he felt it was spam. His lose was our MD's gain as he put it in his office!

I seriously doubt the OP is a spammer
They have actually been registered here longer than you.

macrumors member
May 4, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
Well I ordered 2 of them. $5.99 is not bad for two cases. I had the first one they did and it wasn't bad for a basic case. We will see what the changes to the case are like.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
My god people are ******s on here sometimes.
The op is simply letting people know of a fantastic case and it's free
Yes it's still free even if you pay for shipping, the case itself is still free.

If you don't want to do it then don't, but don't fricken crap in someone else's thread just to make you feel better about your pathetic little life../ rant

Last time I checked, "free" didn't involve giving someone money. Shipping also does not cost $4... If you think they're not making any money, you need a serious reality check.

The case is garbage. I have a few friends who decided to purchase one, and they say the case is not even worth the $4 you spend on shipping.

This is like saying I'm having a FREE barbecue at my house, but there's an entrance fee of $10 a person....

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Last time I checked, "free" didn't involve giving someone money. Shipping also does not cost $4... If you think they're not making any money, you need a serious reality check.

The case is garbage. I have a few friends who decided to purchase one, and they say the case is not even worth the $4 you spend on shipping.

This is like saying I'm having a FREE barbecue at my house, but there's an entrance fee of $10 a person....

Whatever. The case is still free.
Don't want it dont order it.

I have the case new and the old. Its far better than some other cases by some top manufacturers costing twice as much for the same amount of plastic (ie: the InCase snap case 5 cents of plastic for $35.)

I think it is you who needs the reality check.

Anyway done here. Cya

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
I wonder if there is any catch, like they are selling your email or something. They must be making money of the transaction some way besides the shipping cost.

iMichael!

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
So i see we have a S.P.A.M post here.

S.hitty
P.osts
A.re
M.ainly.

Sorry, but it's still not free.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
Whatever. The case is still free.
Don't want it dont order it.

I have the case new and the old. Its far better than some other cases by some top manufacturers costing twice as much for the same amount of plastic (ie: the InCase snap case 5 cents of plastic for $35.)

I think it is you who needs the reality check.

Anyway done here. Cya

LOL thanks for the good laugh...

Want my iPhone 4? I'll give it to you for free... But you just have to pay $500 for shipping. Still free though.

Last edited:

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Funny... obviously the only free things these days are either stollen or given to you. I have yet to find anyone who sends 100% free stuff to anyone without first securing a credit card for no risk trial of a product. Well, I paid the less than $4 for the case and will form my own opinion as to its quality. I also picked up their um "Free Stylus" for less than $4 when they offered that up as well. Semantics... its business. Nothing is truly free these days.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I seriously doubt the OP is a spammer
They have actually been registered here longer than you.
ZooGue has a history of having a deceptive online presence. One example, Tim Angel shilled for his own company. He posed himself as a typical member, posting "questions" about what would make a good case, then "informing" other members that he found a company that is offering a case that fits their needs.

Those who have been on the scene long enough, remember his antics.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
California
I went ahead and "bought" a black one. I'm a sucker for simple, cheap cases. I live in Southern California (the product is shipped from Orange County), and I got the case in less than two days.

It has a kinda soft, dry feel to it. It feels rubbery, but once it's on the phone everything feels pretty solid and it maintains the iPhones sleek profile. All the buttons are responsive, just like the case wasn't there. The opening for the vibrate switch makes the switch easily accessible. No flashback for the camera. Opening for the 30-pin is pretty wide, so I'd expect the old iPod chargers to fit into it just fine, as will some of the thicker dock connectors. I really like the grip on the sides, as well. Some may not like the ridged-edge feel, but I don't put a vicegrip on my iPhone, so I'm fine with it.

Two concerns. The first is the headphone jack. It's not too wide, so your thicker 3.5mm plugs may not fit. My Sony earbuds, Apple earbuds, and Bose AE2i's all fit, though. My Sennheiser ATH M50's did not. My second concern is the rubbery feel. I haven't tested it, but I feel like repeatedly removing the case will stretch it out, so over time it won't fit properly. As it is right now, it fits pretty snug.

Overall, I actually like it a lot. For less than five bucks, I'd almost put it on par with my black Magpul field executive that I bought for $8. However, for full price PLUS shipping ($20), I'd stick to Magpul.

swiftbmx

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Overall, I actually like it a lot. For less than five bucks, I'd almost put it on par with my black Magpul field executive that I bought for $8. However, for full price PLUS shipping ($20), I'd stick to Magpul.

Having owned both cases, I disagree. The Magpul is built in the USA with aspects of superior quality. The machining is precise, feel is amazing, and the build quality is leagues above. To me, the ZooGue is not worth more than a $1 while the Magpul I'd gladly pay $25 if that were the price. Again, just my own experience.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
On the main page of the forum the whole thread title wasn't visible and it simply said "Not spam: Free iphone 4/4s..."

I knew it was too good to be true. :D

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I like it better than my speck case. And yes it does keep that sleek look. :) For 5.00, it's not bad at all.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I see such deals on SD too which have only shipping and they are all crappy cases and even if they are ok they are not even worth the shipping they quote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.