Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barrk

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
I just downloaded OSX Mountain Lion and it seems like they removed

The 2/3 finger swipe to go back and forward pages

And

The 2/3 finger swipe to automatically scroll to the top and bottom of pages

Is there a way to re enable them?

TwitchOSX

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2002
Southern Oregon
Swiping on a trackpad? Are you on a desktop or laptop?

I just downloaded OSX Mountain Lion and it seems like they removed

The 2/3 finger swipe to go back and forward pages

And

The 2/3 finger swipe to automatically scroll to the top and bottom of pages

Is there a way to re enable them?

barrk

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Thank you it works great

Is there a way to change *mission control* back to the way it worked in snow leopard (didn't show desktop at top or have a gray border)

It doesn't even show my minimized web windows

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Did you go into trackpad settings in System Preferences? They're all there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 9.12.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 9.12.07 PM.png
    285.5 KB · Views: 90

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Is there a way to change *mission control* back to the way it worked in snow leopard (didn't show desktop at top or have a gray border)

No. You're referring to Expose' which Apple killed off.

It doesn't even show my minimized web windows

All you can do is have them minimized to your dock (system preferences).

When Apple decided to merge all this crap into Mission Control somebody decided the screen would be too cluttered with minimized windows displayed as well (like they do in Snow Leopard).

barrk

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Does "Swipe between pages" ring a bell or do I just not understand what you are asking for ?

I want to backpage or frontpage not change to a different page

----------

When Apple decided to merge all this crap into Mission Control somebody decided the screen would be too cluttered with minimized windows displayed as well (like they do in Snow Leopard).

thats :mad:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

actually expose is back on mountain lion, its in the "mission control" panel

rotter2142

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2011
I think what the OP is meaning to ask is to go back and forth in Finder and not in Safari.

Safari retains the feature but if I'm correct the swipe feature to go back to the previous/next folder using 2 finger swipes have been removed since Lion.

jncoanalog

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2008
I can't comment on the quality because I'm still in Snow Leopard but others have suggested Total Spaces, follow the link to know more and to download it (I think it's free while in BETA). Another possibility is HyperSpaces, but then again I can't comment on the quality (haaa, I love the simplicity and convenience of Apple's native solution in SL :cool: ), and as it's not free you may want to wait for someone who have actually used it to review it... or search the forums, I think I remember some posts that mentioned both applications.

P.S: Hyperspaces offers a Demo version if you follow the link, although you'll be limited to a 3 spaces configuration.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
huh? i wasnt replying to the OP. it was in reply to you claim that expose is still gone in ML which isnt true

(sigh)

The OP asked:

The OP knows how to use Mission Control's version of Expose'. Apple removed the old Expose which is what he wants.

I think we're splitting hairs here.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
(sigh)

The OP asked:

The OP knows how to use Mission Control's version of Expose'. Apple removed the old Expose which is what he wants.

I think we're splitting hairs here.

again, the old expose can be enabled in the mission control settings. "dont group apps" theres even an article about "bring old expose back in ML" on MR

those "desktops" shown on top can simply be ignored ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.