Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lobos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
Sunnyvale
I switched about a month ago and am loving my PowerBook. The only thing I find annoying is that I have to hit the function key to use F9 or F10 in their exposé functions whereas F11 and F12 do it automatically. Currently F9 and F10 brighten and dim the keyboard. I can't seem to find a way to switch this around. I hardly change the keyboard light level so it would be so much more convenient to just be able to hit F9 and have exposé work.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Are you using the keyboard/mouse prefrences.

Finder-->System Prefs.->Keyboard & Mouse
also
Finder-->System Prefs.->Expose & Dashboard

Change them in both places. Even then, you might have to hit the function key, but if you change it in both places you should be fine.

I remaped my functon keys like this.
f12- Speak text
f11- inverse screen
f10- Dashboard
f9- Expose- which I really don't use.

This works fine for me, so I know that remaping the F-keys in Tiger isn't too much a problem.

Lobos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
Sunnyvale
Thanks. I got it to work now. I went to Keyboard & Mouse and in there there's a checkbox for using the F1-f12 keys for software and Fn+F_ for hardware. Exactly what I needed.

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Option(not function)+f12 ejects the cd tray on my g3 powerbook... Hmmm... I wonder how the options can control that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.