PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] MacX video converter and a G5

Zeke D
Aug 23, 2012, 07:51 PM
Trying to convert some .mts files. I can play them in VLC, but cant mux them into anything useful. ffmpegx mux the video into a grey screen. macX both the mp4 and the mov converter launch a finder window when i start the mux.

Running leo, 4GB ram. Any suggestions?

simsaladimbamba
Aug 23, 2012, 07:53 PM
Can this help?

Transcoding .MTS files (AVCHD footage) to an editable format (.MOV)

Zeke D
Aug 23, 2012, 07:56 PM
Can this help?

Transcoding .MTS files (AVCHD footage) to an editable format (.MOV)

I shall check that out post-haste!

Cox Orange
Aug 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
Is there a PowerPc software for rewrapping mts under 10.4, too? I would prefer one without touching the file else, I mean like just putting it to a mpeg4/mpeg2 without changing bitrate etc.

Zeke D
Aug 24, 2012, 11:44 AM
Is there a PowerPc software for rewrapping mts, too? I would prefer one without touching the file else, I mean like just putting it to a mpeg4/mpeg2 without changing bitrate etc.

I just followed the guide he linked to, everything is running right now. I need to convert a bunch of mpg files as well fr their use in FCE4.

Cox Orange
Aug 26, 2012, 08:01 AM
OK, thanks! I was too hasty. I saw under the download "see other download options" that it is for 10.4. I will give it a try later, hoping I do not get the problems, that seem to appear in the other thread.

Cox Orange
Sep 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hm, seems I wasn't to hasty, though in the end. I finally tried it and though "clipgrab" is for 10.4 PPC, "rerapp" needs 10.5.
It seems the more I deal with video stuff, I have to switch to 10.5. So I will dig out my 10.5 HDD and stick it in my G4.

Zeke D
Sep 11, 2012, 09:11 AM
I borrowed a Quad 2.5Ghz G5 for this project. Everything project-wise went smoothly.

Cox Orange
Feb 12, 2013, 01:00 PM
I am crossposting, since the guide is in the Intel section and ZekeD said it would work on a PowerPC (hope he didn't actually have a Quad Mac Pro and mistook it for a PowerMac G5 Quad).

Sorry, for bringing this up again, after so long time.

I did try it then and it didn't work (under 10.4.), ok I was stupid. Now having 10.5 running, the Apps work, but problems already start with creating the m4v file with the automator.

I get a 0kb file. It gets an iMovie-icon.
When I open it in Mpegstreamclip, it says the file is to small.

Btw. another question. As I understand it, the step-by-step instruction on page1 alters the file size, is that right? I actually just want to keep the quality and just make it readable on my Mac and outside the mediaplayer hooked up to the TV.

(Another test: if I double click, it says I need a newer version of QT (7.5.5). I don't know why "software-update" has not updated it (it is 7.2.2), but I then moved QT 7.6.2 from my other Mac to it. Did not work.)

MisterKeeks
Feb 12, 2013, 05:56 PM
I am crossposting, since the guide is in the Intel section and ZekeD said it would work on a PowerPC (hope he didn't actually have a Quad Mac Pro and mistook it for a PowerMac G5 Quad).

Most of his posts are here, so it probably is a Quad.

(Another test: if I double click, it says I need a newer version of QT (7.5.5). I don't know why "software-update" has not updated it (it is 7.2.2), but I then moved QT 7.6.2 from my other Mac to it. Did not work.)

You will need to use the installer. (http://support.apple.com/kb/dl761)

Cox Orange
Feb 12, 2013, 07:55 PM
Thank you for that!

Any other input?

I found this http://download.cnet.com/RewrapAVCHD/3000-2194_4-75570723.html and http://download.cnet.com/Free-MTS-M2TS-Converter-Mac/3000-2194_4-75718372.html?tag=mncol;1

I actually just want to repackage it, not altering the quality/bitrate.