Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2012
What type of material was the cloth made of that once came with the iphone? It is by far the best for cleaning my iPad and iPhone. I have used a dozen other kinds and they just smear the screen with the oil from my fingertips. It must be some type of spacefcraft technology because it works like a magic eraser. The cloth from my 3GS is still my go to for cleaning my screens. Does anyone know exactly what it is or where I can purchase it?

Please don't say it's simply microfiber, because the two aren't even comparable.

Malindascott

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
What type of material was the cloth made of that once came with the iphone? It is by far the best for cleaning my iPad and iPhone. I have used a dozen other kinds and they just smear the screen with the oil from my fingertips. It must be some type of spacefcraft technology because it works like a magic eraser. The cloth from my 3GS is still my go to for cleaning my screens. Does anyone know exactly what it is or where I can purchase it?

Please don't say it's simply microfiber, because the two aren't even comparable.

Have you tried calling apple support and seeing if you can purchase one?

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
There were 2 different ones.
1 was a suede microfiber
The other was a silk type microfiber.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Microfiber cleaning clothe it's not hard to find. stop in a optical store. ebay look up cleaning cloth sorry it's not magic, however ICP might think it is.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Not all microfiber cloths are created equal. The majority of them are either soft or silky, and both will just smear fingerprints instead of remove them. The absorbent kind (the suede I believe) is the best. I bought on eBay shortly after starting this thread. The company is called Pristine Screens and their product looks like it's going to work better than the official Apple cloth that I love so much. It's also 5x the size.

Thanks for your input, minus the ICP post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.