PDA

View Full Version : CandyBar adds Mac OS X 10.2.2 support

medea
Nov 13, 2002, 05:50 PM
http://www.iconfactory.com/cb_home.asp
I know some people were complaining that with the update to 10.2.2 candybar didnt work, well it does now:D

mac15
Nov 13, 2002, 07:58 PM
Great, thought OSX 10.2.2 is apples worst ever update

DreaminDirector
Nov 13, 2002, 10:10 PM

I haven't installed it yet, but plan too. Why is it the worst ever update?

e-coli
Nov 14, 2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by mac15
Great, thought OSX 10.2.2 is apples worst ever update

hmmm...i installed it...no probs yet.

DJ_TRicks
Nov 14, 2002, 04:18 AM
i installed it and now it wont work right at all when i want to open up files which means i have to reinstall osx God darn it

edesignuk
Nov 14, 2002, 05:44 AM
I too installed the update and have experianced absolutley no problems.

medea
Nov 14, 2002, 09:02 AM
x.2.2 has caused no problems for me though I havnt noticed any speed increases in anything (iCal still takes forever to open.) Some people have stated issues, but its not everyone

DreaminDirector
Nov 14, 2002, 12:05 PM
So what would be the smarter thing to do; update CandyBar so it supports 10.2.2 or update 10.2.2 first then candybar? Or does it just not matter. Wait, now, I'm confused, candybar isn't causing problems with 10.2.2, it's other programs, right?

gandalf55
Nov 14, 2002, 02:15 PM
smooth as galadriel's bossom here... it's excellent.

madamimadam
Nov 15, 2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by DreaminDirector
So what would be the smarter thing to do; update CandyBar so it supports 10.2.2 or update 10.2.2 first then candybar? Or does it just not matter. Wait, now, I'm confused, candybar isn't causing problems with 10.2.2, it's other programs, right?

I really can't see that it would make any difference but you wouple probably have easier flowing results if you updated Candybar and then X

mac15
Nov 15, 2002, 02:53 AM
What features does it have, I"m sure apple listed em but has anyone actually noticed any of them, the update did nothing, it slowed my system.

madamimadam
Nov 15, 2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by mac15
What features does it have, I"m sure apple listed em but has anyone actually noticed any of them, the update did nothing, it slowed my system.

A ****e load of Address Book updates and new 3rd party drivers was the bulk of it and, as per apple:

Digital Hub and Peripheral Device Enhancements

* Improves playback of large media files and peripheral device file copying.
* Resolves a rare situation in which an inadvertently-ejected CD does not become available to the file system when reinserted and applications that accessed the disc cannot be quit.
* Addresses an issue in which an enhanced CD's data and audio sessions do not appear as expected on the desktop when using iTunes and inserting the disc more than once.
* Addresses a formatting issue that could occur when printing or previewing some TIFF documents.
* Addresses an issue in which ColorSync settings for some third-party displays are not retained after restarting or logging out.
* Addresses an issue when printing more than one copy of a file to a postscript printer from Adobe Photoshop 7.0.

Networking and Modem Enhancements

* Windows File Sharing (SMB) shared volumes may now be browsed by their user-assigned name.
* Resolves an issue in which an incorrect "Change Password Failed" alert may appear when changing a Mac OS X 10.2 Server client's password via AFP.
* Addresses an issue in which some internal Apple modems may fail to respond, displaying a "Could not open the communication device" alert.
* Addresses an issue in which no sound is produced by some internal Apple modems until several seconds after making a connection.
* Resolves an issue in which some internal Apple modems fail to respond when connecting to the Internet.
* Alerts and warnings no longer appear when you cancel a connection to your iDisk in the connection dialog.
* Addresses a startup issue that could occur if an LDAP server designated in Directory Access is not available.
* Addresses a data loss issue that could occur when copying a file whose filename ends with "#02," or other hexadecimal number, via AFP.
* Available disk space on an iDisk is updated more quickly after deleting files.
* Addresses an issue in which an iDisk would appear with an inaccurate 1 GB capacity and 1023 MB available.
* Addresses some issues that could cause a "error -36" alert when copying files to an iDisk.

Other Enhancements
o Improves security when using a read-write disk image volume in which "Ignore ownership on this volume" has been deselected.
o Addresses an issue in which Software Update notifications are turned off when upgrading from Mac OS X 10.1 to Mac OS X 10.2.
o Addresses an issue in which, after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.2, an unexpected value in a user's com.apple.LaunchServices.plist file could prevent proper startup.
o Addresses a potential kernel panic situation when using three video cards and more than 512 MB of RAM.
o Addresses a potential issue in which an unauthorized user could log in as a deleted user.
o Improves the Find function of the Finder by no longer finding items in invisible folders.
o Reduces the time required for switching between Sherlock channels when using a low-bandwidth connection
o Sherlock channels may now be saved as a file.
o Allows automatic login to work as expected following an Archive and Install.
o Improves time needed to wake some portable computers.
o Addresses a potential loss of video when waking some PowerBook computers from sleep after using DVD Player.
o Addresses a potential issue in which the computer does not respond when quitting DVD Player on some portable computers.
o Includes Apache version 1.3.27.
o Addresses a potential security issue in which access to system daemons could be blocked when RFC-based services are enabled.

big
Nov 15, 2002, 11:30 PM
10.2.2 freaked, I had to reinstall, took 15 minutes though, so no biggy, and now OSX runs faster

madamimadam
Nov 16, 2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by big
10.2.2 freaked, I had to reinstall, took 15 minutes though, so no biggy, and now OSX runs faster

I have noticed no difference but that is mainly because the updates really did not relate to anything that I do with my machine.