PDA

View Full Version : Solving latency in Ultrabeat (Logic)

petrucci666
Aug 25, 2012, 04:43 PM
I'm having latency problems with Logic and Ultrabeat in particular.

Guitar and various real instruments don't lag at all. Everything is in real-time.

However, I use the MIDI pads on my Axiom keyboard to play some drum beats through Ultrabeat, and there are latency issues in the recorded playback.

When I'm not recording, but just playing and listening to the sound, there is no trouble.

I hit record, start playing and listening, then I play the recording and it is all messed up, not at all like I played it.

Anyone know how to fix this?

spoonie1972
Aug 27, 2012, 09:12 AM
I'm having latency problems with Logic and Ultrabeat in particular.

Guitar and various real instruments don't lag at all. Everything is in real-time.

However, I use the MIDI pads on my Axiom keyboard to play some drum beats through Ultrabeat, and there are latency issues in the recorded playback.

When I'm not recording, but just playing and listening to the sound, there is no trouble.

I hit record, start playing and listening, then I play the recording and it is all messed up, not at all like I played it.

Anyone know how to fix this?

there's a small button on the transport that turns orange when you press it. it shortens the latency as much as possible for your active instrument. when you're finished playing your stuff in, turn it off (as it can de-activate some sends, other plugins etc).

I'm assuming your buffer size is 256 or less.