PDA

View Full Version : iCloud, Mac and iPhone?

MacMan988
Aug 26, 2012, 04:04 AM
What can I use the iCloud for if I have a mac and an iPhone? I look for a method to secure and protect some of important data in my phone (contacts etc) and some documents and photos in my mac. But it seems iCloud isn't gonna help me in that. Synchronizing documents between the mac and iPhone seems to be useless for me.

I only like the ability to store contacts online and synchronizing them. What would you use iCloud for if you have the same two devices as mine?

Edie Brickell
Sep 4, 2012, 04:00 AM
I would use iCloud to keep my mails, contacts, documents, calendars, notes, etc. Making a change on one, automatically updates on other one is very beneficial.

rctlr
Sep 4, 2012, 04:17 AM
I have 4 mac devices: 2 iphones, a mac mini and a macbook pro.

- I sync my mail, contacts, notes, calendars and bookmarks between all of them flawlessly.
- iTunes in the cloud: cool for movies/tv shows as well as music to sync between devices.
- Back up your iphone to icloud - if you get a replacement, a remote restore is great - this has happened to me twice where I've had to completely reset my iphone, and restored over the air from icloud.

More and more functionality is appearing for icloud, and the more you investigate the better it becomes.
I only wish they made some kind of "dropbox" functionality for icloud so you can store any file.