PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy?: Ipod 20 G, color

Jennifer
Aug 9, 2005, 03:29 PM
Any known issues? (pixels? battery?) It looks pretty good to me. What does the community say?

VanMac
Aug 9, 2005, 05:21 PM
I have the 30Gb photo. Very happy with it.

eXan
Aug 9, 2005, 08:57 PM
Get it! Great iPod.

I would have bought it myself (only U2 version) but I decided to keep mine till video iPods (5th gen?) come out. :p

JupiterTwo
Aug 10, 2005, 07:08 AM
They're great. I bought one last week as I thought my 3G iPod was dead. Used it over the weekend (on holiday to Ronda/Jerez) and it was ace. I managed to get my old iPod working, but I was going to keep the new one too until someone offered me a good price for it.

As for waiting - nah, if you want it, get it. The screens are ace - way better than my b&w 3G, and the battery life is good.

gwuMACaddict
Aug 10, 2005, 07:10 AM
my brother ivs very happy with his color iPod. says the screen is much better than the old black and white variety.

DarkNetworks
Aug 10, 2005, 07:13 AM
Yeah, i'm planning to get one soon too, but i'm still waiting till the Apple Expo this coming end of September to see...
Btw, is the U2 iPod any good?

iminimac
Aug 10, 2005, 07:32 AM
the u2 ipod is virtualy the same as the 20gb color one apart frm its got a diifferent color casing and U2 signatures engraved on the back

guitarded
Aug 11, 2005, 09:18 AM
the u2 ipod is virtualy the same as the 20gb color one apart frm its got a diifferent color casing and U2 signatures engraved on the back

And it costs 30 dollars more

nsutt22
Aug 11, 2005, 09:21 AM
I'd go for the purchase. I am rocking a 1st generation iPod with actual spinning wheel. I had a 3rd generation but it was ganked, had to go back to the good stuff i guess. Bunch of my friends have that model and its great, i love how you can see the album covers.

Please let there be a video release soon, I can only handle my tiny storage generation one so much longer. :)

zap2
Aug 11, 2005, 10:18 AM
buy it its good

Jedi128
Aug 11, 2005, 12:33 PM
Dudes.... I think its pretty safe to say that there are no video iPods coming. Not around the corner anyway. I wouldn't be "waiting" for this video iPod becuase you will pry wait at least a year or more. Its not worth it to wait. Its only an iPod after all....not a PowerMac. Just go and fricking buy it if you want it.

nsutt22
Aug 11, 2005, 02:15 PM
Yah but.....

At least something new for it before i buy... just one new feature will make me happy :)