PDA

View Full Version : Comixology collection close to 64GB

SteelWheel
Aug 27, 2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I know some people hate Comixology and all other comics reading apps, but personally I love 'em--and they've manged to turn this formerly occasional buyer back into a real fanboy again.

Didn't think it was possible, but after the last couple of years, I've managed to buy close to 64GB worth of comics. I'm now at the point of deleting a few here and there, as I buy new ones--but this is unsatisfactory as a long-term solution. I do like to re-read some older issues once in awhile, and/or save an entire run of a company-wide crossover (Final Crisis, Flashpoint, etc) to be read all in one shot. I know i can always delete and later re-download any book I've previously purchased--but when you're operating at the level I am, this gets to be a royal PITA, and very slow and time-consuming. So:

My thoughts on a solution were along the lines of this: Have all my comics pre-downloaded to a "portable cloud" (like the Cloud FTP, hooked up to a reasonable capacity HDD). Then as new comics are added, previously read books can be dumped to the portable cloud--and presumably placed back on the iPad when desired.

I'm sure there a dozen or so reasons why this won't work, but that's where you guys come in. For one thing, I'm certain that doing this sort of thing will require a jailbreak (if it's even possible).

If only the boys at Cupertino had decided to roll out a 128GB iPad at some point--for me that would have been the true "killer app"...

Oh well. If anyone has managed to get to having this problem (sorta the same as the "I own too much music for my iPod problem", but apparently harder since the content comes from a 3rd party, rather than iTunes), please let me know, here or via PM. Thanks all....