Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Ok, so here is the deal. I got my 4s when it was released and it didn't take me long to crack the back panel. I purchased a supposed OEM product from sw-box and it looks just like the original. Here is my question. I have obviously had this panel longer than I did the original and photos still look good.

My question is simple. Are the "OEM" replacements as good as the Apple panel or is there a noticeable difference in photos or videos. I really don't have much to compare because I didn't take that many photos or videos prior to my replacement.

Last edited:

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Ok, so here is the deal. I got my 4s when it was released and it didn't take me long to crack the back panel. I purchased a supposed OEM product from se-box and it looks just like the original. Here is my question. I have obviously had this panel longer than I did the original and photos still look good.

My question is simple. Are the OEM replacements as good as the Apple panel or is there a noticeable difference in photos or videos. I really don't have much to compare because I didn't take that many photos or videos prior to my replacement.

I repair iPhones and there's no such thing as genuine OEM iPhone back panel or front glass. Buy from a reputable company for the best quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.