PDA

View Full Version : Looking for note taking app that allows drawing

ElDogman
Aug 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
Looking for a good note taking app for my iPad that I can use to take notes for class.
I plan to use a bluetooth keyboard to type but occasionally I would like the ability to use my finger or stylus to draw figures on my notes, etc

Also need the ability to export the file as well

epicmar
Aug 27, 2012, 08:13 PM
You can't go wrong with Notability. It is very full featured; intuitive UI; you can annotate PDFs with typed text or handwritten notes; you can insert blank pages, rearrange pages, insert drawings, insert photos, insert web clips, insert multiple PDFs. The only negatives in my opinion are the limit of two levels of folders and no handwriting to text. If you really need those two features check out Notes Plus, very capable but not as intuitive interface.

HE15MAN
Aug 27, 2012, 08:13 PM
Penultimate

jojoba
Aug 28, 2012, 02:42 AM
You can't go wrong with Notability. It is very full featured; intuitive UI; you can annotate PDFs with typed text or handwritten notes; you can insert blank pages, rearrange pages, insert drawings, insert photos, insert web clips, insert multiple PDFs. The only negatives in my opinion are the limit of two levels of folders and no handwriting to text. If you really need those two features check out Notes Plus, very capable but not as intuitive interface.

I second this. It's my primary note taking app and I really like it. I think it's also on sale at the moment.

SteppingStone
Aug 28, 2012, 07:24 AM
I think it's also on sale at the moment.

It's been "on sale" as far back as I can remember, so I don't expect that to change anytime soon... Can't complain about a $.99 price though, no matter what.

GoCubsGo
Aug 28, 2012, 07:26 AM
Another vote for Penultimate here.

vastoholic
Aug 28, 2012, 07:55 AM
I'm currently testing out Notes Plus and Penultimate. I think so far I like Notes Plus better for it's advanced features. Penultimate is better if you want just a simple no frills hand writing app.

ElDogman
Aug 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
hey guys thanks for the response! I ended up going for notability simply because it was 99 cents :D

epicmar
Aug 28, 2012, 11:08 PM
hey guys thanks for the response! I ended up going for notability simply because it was 99 cents :D

Please let us know what you think of Notability.