Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Original poster
I have already ripped my DVDs using MacTheRipper in full-disc mode, resulting in a bunch of Video_TS folders. I want to take these and convert them not to AVI or or H.264... I just want to make them all into single VOB files. So I was wondering whether there is any software that takes multiple VOB files and merges them... or any terminal command to do that, like cat? If so, please advise.

I am aware that if I rip using Title extraction in MacTheRipper or if I use OSEx I can make single VOB files, but I have already ripped all the DVDs and do not wish to do that again, so I would rather like to simply merge the existing files.

It would also be nice if I could choose which audio channel to keep and which to discard.

Thank you.

irmongoose

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I think many a member will recommend you Handbrake, that said, I don't know how much I can help you w/ the audio extraction...

Also for future reference, it doesn't hurt to do a quick search; I used the query "vob" and found just a few threads, not sure if they answer all your questions though:

[URL]https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/131326/

:edit: I did the search under Mac Software> Mac Applications

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Thanks, devilot76, but Handbrake is, as far as I know, for ripping to AVI files (and MP4).

As I said earlier, I know OSEx will do the job... except that it only reads from DVDs and not from already-ripped Video_TS folders.

Thanks again.

irmongoose

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
irmongoose said:
Never mind, I found the app myself! :D

It is an awesome video tool called D-Vision with all sorts of features, and best of all it is freeware!

Thanks again!

irmongoose

yep thats the one i use that myself and it does the job - slowly but still does it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.