Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
I installed 10.8.2 last night and was going through my settings to make sure everything was still set up how I wanted it. I came across this in System Preferences>iCloud. It shows Photo Stream grayed out and that I need to update iPhoto or Aperture. I clicked the update button and it brought up the MAS but showed no updates available. I even closed out and then opened MAS independently, to no avail.

From what I can tell, my Photo Stream is still working. Has anyone else noticed this? Was it there on 10.8.0 or 10.8.1 and I just didn't notice?

P.S: Trying to upload screenshot....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 8-28-12 at 12.40.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 8-28-12 at 12.40.28 PM.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 193

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
I'd bet the update will provide support for shared photostreams coming with iOS 6.

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
I'd bet the update will provide support for shared photostreams coming with iOS 6.

Oh yeah! Forgot about that!!! I bet that is it. Thanks Baldi!

----------

With that being said.... I'm running iOS6b4 on my i4 and actually set up a shared photo stream a couple weeks ago....but had no one I could send it to. The Shared Photo Stream still shows on my i4, so once iPhoto updates with the functionality, it will show up there too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.