Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Hi
I am new with creating apps and thought to play a bit with a thought.
I am looking for a tutorial or similar that explains how I can do the following:

I want the two circles at the bottom of the screen, one blue and one red. When I select the blue
circle and I'll be able to put out blue circles on the screen and when I select the red circle
I'll be able to put out the red circles on the screen. The circles should therefore have specific dimensions.

I have searched a lot but can not find anything similar.

Someone who can give some tips?

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
What have you tried ? What do you know about creating apps and what don't you know ? What language do you plan to use, what frameworks do you already know for that language ?

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
Hi
I am new with creating apps and thought to play a bit with a thought.
I am looking for a tutorial or similar that explains how I can do the following:

I want the two circles at the bottom of the screen, one blue and one red. When I select the blue
circle and I'll be able to put out blue circles on the screen and when I select the red circle
I'll be able to put out the red circles on the screen. The circles should therefore have specific dimensions.

I have searched a lot but can not find anything similar.

Someone who can give some tips?

It sounds like a paint program that paints with circles. Am I right? Kind of like drawing with rubber stamps and different colored ink.

I doubt you're going to find a tutorial that does exactly what you want. You will need to find another drawing/painting program and adapt it to your needs.

You'll need a pair of image views at the bottom. You'll need selected and non-selected versions of both circles. Add tap gesture recognizers to both, tied to methods that select one or the other.

You'll then need a tap gesture recognizer on your drawing surface. The method triggered by that tap gesture would draw an instance of your circle into an offscreen graphics context and then copy the contents of that context into a UIImage which you would draw onto the screen.

You'll need to synthesize from samples you find that do parts of what you want. Look for a sample that handles tap gesture recognizers. Look for any paint program that handles collecting taps/drags from the user and drawing onto the screen, and adapt it to draw your colored circles.

eddan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
im new to this so i am open for lang and framework.
The base idea is to have two icons or something like that and put them out.
I just searching for a tutorial that shows that idea.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
From memory the graphic introduction tutorials in Big Nerd Ranch's iOS Programming from memory was fairly similar to the app you describe. The problem is they'll have assumed you worked your way in to there from the start of the book.

ios_programming_the_big_nerd_ranch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.