Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I thought it would basically be a big GS3, as the previous note was basically a big GS2.
I know, but I thought there was a chance they'd stick to the Noteish look instead of the giant pebble look.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
i might get it only because the 4S is too small for reading and i don't want to buy another ipad

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2009
I mean I figured it would resemble the Galaxy S III a bit, but this thing is literally a carbon copy, stretched out... Not here for that.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
I love the look and feel of the SGS3 and I'm really glad that the Note 2 carried forward that design philosophy - light, thin and curved edges with minimum bezel. I'm not sure why anyone would want a heavy blocky phone with huge bezels like the iPhone expanded to 5.5".

The Note 2 actually looks and features are awesome - I'm definitely trading up from my S3, assuming I can fit this in my pocket (the S3 fits easily).

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I love the look and feel of the SGS3 and I'm really glad that the Note 2 carried forward that design philosophy - light, thin and curved edges with minimum bezel. I'm not sure why anyone would want a heavy blocky phone with huge bezels like the iPhone expanded to 5.5".

The Note 2 actually looks and features are awesome - I'm definitely trading up from my S3, assuming I can fit this in my pocket (the S3 fits easily).

Same here, S3 is one of the best looking phones on the market imo :D I love the design.

Not sure why it gets so much criticism!

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
Same here, S3 is one of the best looking phones on the market imo :D I love the design.

Not sure why it gets so much criticism!

I really think it's one of those "Love it or Hate it" kinda designs.

I wasn't warm to it at all. I do love the colour (pebble blue, I like how it shows through the front glass) but didn't warm up to it visually until I removed one of my bulkier cases and put on the barely there case. Not sure why, but it made a hell of a difference. Now I really like it!

Dunbar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Looks good, my S3 is the upper limit of how big I want a smartphone to be though. I wonder if the North American LTE version will get the Snapdragon S4 processor.

JesalTV

Aug 24, 2012
London
I was looking forward to the Unpacked event, as I'm seriously considering the Note 2.

But wow, they just went on about the stylus so much. That's the last thing I'm bothered about.

Specs wise, it clearly flies though.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I was looking forward to the Unpacked event, as I'm seriously considering the Note 2.

But wow, they just went on about the stylus so much. That's the last thing I'm bothered about.

Specs wise, it clearly flies though.

That's clearly the main selling point. It's for taking notes. Galaxy NOTE.

They're obviously going to talk about that :p

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I like the new G Note 2 and it makes sense that they styled it after the GS3.
The GS3 is a very good seller for them so why not build upon that success.
I'm thinking of getting one when the become available here in the US but I'm also hoping that HTC will make one similar in the One X look and style.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.